With over 25 years of experience in fitness, health and performance education, it is our purpose to stay relevant in an industry that is dynamic and ever changing. As recognised experts, we can assist you to transform your career aspirations into reality. Backed by science, we are bringing fitness education and teaching into the digital age!
All learning material, resources and assessments will be available through a Learner Management System (LMS) and the student will conduct all learning activities through the LMS. Where applicable, additional resources such as videos and presentation slides will be uploaded onto the LMS.
The course is designed into four study blocks. A student must complete a study block fully and meet all the submission and assessment requirements BEFORE they are able to move on to the next study block. A learner will enter a study block on a stipulated date and exit the study block when all conditions are met. Study blocks must be completed in a pre-defined order (1, 2, 3, 4).
We offer both online learning and distance learning options to students.
CERTIFICATE IN PERSONAL TRAINING
National Certificate Fitness: NQF Level 5; 137 Credits
Our online Certificate in Personal Training is a full qualification that equips you to enter the fitness industry with the confidence, knowledge and skills required to offer professional services to meet the needs and expectations of a range of individuals and groups.
On achieving this qualification, you will be able to:
– Demonstrate knowledge of the fitness environment and the context in which physical activity takes place.
– Conduct and interpret pre-participation screening for physical activity readiness.
– Assess, evaluate and monitor health related fitness components.
– Feedback and refer as it relates to physical activity.
– Design, demonstrate and lead exercise programmes.
– Implement, monitor and modify exercise programmes.
– Motivate and support fitness participants in making activity related and wellness decisions.
– Demonstrate entrepreneurial, administration and business skills.
– Project and conduct oneself in a professional manner.
Grade 12 school certificate (National Senior Certificate)/GCSE (General certificate of secondary education)/ similar school leaver certificate or Level 4 equivalent on the NQF (National Qualifications Framework)
Proficiency in numeracy and reading, writing and understanding English. It is important to note that all course material, assessments and communication will be in English.
A student has up to 18 months to complete this course.