Thank you for your interest in wanting to join the SSISA Community! There are three available vacancies, please read the details below and submit your application.
Job title: HR Manager
Location: Sports Science Institute of South Africa, Newlands
Position Type: Onsite
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Group CEO
Job Grade: Patterson D-band
The HR Manager’s main responsibility is to head SSISA’s HR department and fulfill its HR-related needs. The HR Manager must ensure the company complies with labour laws and look at the overall happiness of staff.
The HR Manager will work closely with the CEO and MANCOMM, who will provide them with direction. The HR Manager needs to execute various processes and procedures in practice.
1. Leadership and Strategy
· Develop and implement a strategic vision for HR services aligned with organizational goals.
· Provide effective leadership to the HR team, ensuring clear direction and guidance.
· Forge Human Resources business partnerships with key stakeholders.
· Drive operational excellence through the execution of HR strategies.
· Assist, coach and advise Managers on company policies, procedures, and business practices.
· Lead change management initiatives to adapt to evolving organizational needs.
· Identify and address bottlenecks/gaps as soon as possible, in all processes.
· Identify new HR trends and implement them in line with the company’s strategy and future.
· Establish and roll out processes and procedures related to all HR processes, including, recruitment, induction, and probation.
· Participate in Board sub-committee Remuneration & Nomination Committee meetings as and when requested by the CEO.
· Attend MANCOMM meetings as and when requested by the CEO.
· Analyse employee relations issues, make decisions, and recommend improvements.
· Utilize strong problem-solving skills to address HR-related challenges.
· Contribute HR insights and recommendations aligned to the company's strategic planning processes.
· Identify operational gaps and recommend strategic HR solutions to Group CEO and MANCOMM for enhanced company performance.
2. Performance Management
· Implement annual performance management strategy as directed by the CEO, Board, and Remuneration Committee.
· Assisting with the development of KPI’s per position with the Manager for existing positions.
· Assisting in administrating KPI’s for staff during their probation period.
· Assist with bi-annual performance reviews with managers on staff.
3. Organizational Policies & Procedures
· Ensure compliance with Labour Relations, Employment Equity, and relevant legislation.
· Develop, implement, and communicate country and organisational-specific HR policies and procedures.
· Guide management and the HR team in applying policies and procedures, ensuring fairness in disciplinary inquiries and performance management.
· Resolve complex misconduct and performance-related issues and address grievances.
· Uphold policies to increase retention rates and foster coworker morale and engagement.
· Work closely with the Employment Equity Committee, driving the delivery of the Employment Equity Plan.
· Implement systems to ensure that all employees have timely and accurate offers of employment and employment contracts.
· Support the Facility Manager on site Health & Safety matters and ensure compliance with local regulations.
· Support the Head of IT and Software Development on the implementation of logical access control that is aligned with duties and tenure of service.
5. Employee Wellness and Development
· Maintain and oversee the Talent and Training Co-Ordinator in executing employee wellness programs to enhance engagement and organizational health.
· Support and ensure the Talent and Training Co-Ordinator in promoting a culture of professional development and growth.
· Assist the Talent and Training Co-Ordinator in identifying skills gaps and provide recommendations for addressing them.
· Continuous engagement with the Culture Champion to bring the company culture to life.
· Fulfill Primary Skills Development Facilitator role in overseeing the Talent and Training Coordinator, and in liaison with the Head of Education.
6. Human Resources Administration
· Ensure accurate and timely processing of monthly payroll and benefits administration.
· Implement an effective HR query and task-tracking system.
· Assist and provide the Finance department with timely implementation of monthly and annual salary changes.
7. Budget Controls and Reporting
· Manage HR budgets effectively, optimizing resource allocation to ensure SSISA achieves its objectives.
· Liaise with MANCOMM and other budget managers to assist in salary budget control.
· Develop and maintain robust reporting mechanisms for HR activities and metrics.
· Drive and support Employment Equity plans, initiatives, and reporting.
8. Training and Compliance
· Ensure that all managers receive training and upskilling on company policies and procedures.
· Collaborate with the Talent and Training Co-Ordinator to create and manage staff development plans.
· Support the Talent and Training Co-Ordinator in achieving targets and address skill gaps to optimize staff performance.
9. Recruitment and Selection
· Manage the selection and recruitment cycle in conjunction with managers.
· Assist with the development and drafting of advertisements, as well as the placement of these adverts, on the necessary platforms.
· Screen applications and perform interviews with the relevant Managers.
· Schedule/ arrange further interviews and assessments for shortlisted candidates.
· Conducting reference and credit checks where appropriate.
· Ensure feedback is provided to all unsuccessful candidates.
10. Adaptability and Change Management
· Drive quick adaptation to evolving organizational needs.
· Lead change management processes alongside MANCOMM.
· Facilitate successful implementation of change initiatives.
· Identify opportunities for process improvements and provide recommendations to MANCOMM.
11. IR-related matters
· Continually advise Line Managers on appropriate disciplinary action to be taken and ensure the business always complies with the company disciplinary code.
· Ensure performance problems are addressed through performance counseling and/or corrective action.
· Sign off on all IR matters and ensure the appropriate outcome is provided to the CEO and MANNCOM.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in HR or related human capital field.
· 8 to 10 years of business-facing HR experience of which 5 years is in a management position, preferably in a generalist role in South Africa.
· Post-graduate qualifications in human capital development would be an added advantage.
· Exposure to the sports or health industry would be an added advantage.
· Thorough understanding of labour law, BCEA, and compliance requirements.
· Proactive, self-motivated, and independent worker.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
· Empathetic with a proven track record of managing sensitive and confidential matters.
· Goal-oriented, forward-looking thinker with commercial awareness.
· Analytical and adaptable with excellent attention to detail.
· Be innovative and demonstrates continuous learning with the new HR trands.
Job Title: Staff Wellness and Training Coordinator
Location: Sports Science Institute of South Africa
Position Type: Onsite
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: HR Manager
This role is instrumental in enhancing the overall well-being and professional growth of our employees. The Staff Wellness and Training Coordinator will be responsible for creating and implementing health and wellness programs and initiatives to promote a healthy and productive work environment. They will provide operational support to the HR function in accordance with the company policy and guidelines.
1. Wellness Program Management
· Develop, implement, and manage comprehensive staff wellness programs that address physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
· Conduct regular needs assessments to identify wellness priorities and design programs accordingly.
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders to promote a culture of well-being within the organization.
· Forge wellness program partnerships with key external stakeholders and service providers.
· Liaise with the Staff in Action committee and implement agreed initiatives including recurring tasks such as celebrating employee birthdays, achievements, and appointments.
2. Skills Development Initiatives
· Coordinate skills development workshops and training sessions to enhance employees' professional capabilities.
· Identify skill gaps through performance assessments and feedback mechanisms.
· Partner with relevant departments to align skills development initiatives with organisational goals.
· Develop the Workplace Skills Plans and development plans as a Skills Development Facilitator.
· Compile and submit reports, mandatory grants, and discretionary grants.
· Relationship management with stakeholders, such as the SETA and the Training Committee.
· Form part of the entire lifecycle of talent identification and development, including recruitment, promotion, and assisting employees who need help in achieving their full performance potential.
3. Training Coordination
· Ensure the training schedule is updated using the developed platform, in collaboration with the Trainer and Operations Managers.
· Support the Managers on matching and training queries and ensure timeous support and continuous communication.
· Ensure all training requirements are in place, e.g., materials are delivered on time, trainers are confirmed, training briefs have been received.
· Liaise with service providers to ensure timeous delivery of services.
· Attending training requirement queries and immediately resolving problems to ensure delivery of training is not negatively impacted.
· Support other staff in the training department as and when needed to ensure the smooth running of the department.
· Track franchisor implementation along the value chain and advise on franchisee training needs based on backlogs and due dates.
· Liaise with the Manager on targets and ensure required training are planned accordingly.
· Liaise with and provide monthly feedback to the HR Manager on implementation to address areas of concern and challenges.
· Facilitate group sessions, workshops, and seminars on topics related to wellness and skills development.
· Promote engaging and interactive learning environments to maximise participant involvement and knowledge retention.
5. Program Evaluation and Reporting
· Regularly evaluate program effectiveness and make data-driven recommendations for improvement.
· Prepare and present reports to management on the impact of wellness and skills development initiatives.
· Assist the HR Manager with HR administrative tasks as and when required.
· Assist with recruitment and selection.
· Prepare and update offer letters; employment contracts; performance contracts and individual staff development plans.
· General HR assistance with all relevant processes and procedures.
· Correctly and timeously refer to all incoming communication and inquiries.
· Keep to all deadlines and only deviate with managerial approval.
· Ensure that the filing system is maintained, and documents are easily retrievable.
· Undertake that any work-related research is adequately conducted and managed.
· Accurately process, capture and report departmental and Company data.
· Provide input to HR processes where necessary.
· Contribute and adhere to the organisational culture.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Organisational Psychology, Education, or related field.
· 2 - 3 years of proven experience in designing and implementing successful wellness and skills development.
· Certification in wellness coaching, training, or related fields is an advantage.
· Strong administration skills and prior experience in Skills Development Facilitation.
· Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
· Knowledge of various learning methodologies and adult learning principles.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to build rapport and trust with employees at all levels.
· Commercial awareness and numeracy skills.
· Process flow management.
· Data storage and maintenance skills.
· Familiarity with relevant software tools for program management and evaluation.
· Passionate about employee well-being and professional growth.
· Innovative and creative in designing engaging programs.
· Adaptable and able to tailor interventions to diverse employee needs.
· Collaborative team player with excellent organisational skills.
· High level of empathy and understanding.
Job title: Receptionist Old Mutual
Location: Old Mutal Gym, Pinelands
Position Type: Onsite and Fixed-Term
Compensation: R5 850.00 CTC
Working Hours: 25hrs per week plus claim for weekend and ad hoc shifts, Daily 5
hours shifts, The Gym @ Old Mutual is open from 05h30 to
20h30 Monday to Thursday, 05h30 to 19h30
Friday, 07h00 to 13h00 Saturday and 08h00 to 13h00 Sunday.
Reporting Line: Marius Cornelissen: Old Mutual Gym Manager
A receptionist plays a crucial role as the first point of contact for
visitors, clients, and employees in an organization. The role
involves a combination of administrative, communication, and
customer service responsibilities
• Greeting visitors
• Managing security and telecommunications systems
• Handling queries and complaints via phone, email and general correspondence
• Transferring calls as necessary
• Taking and ensuring messages are passed to the appropriate staff member in time
• Managing meeting room availability
• Receiving, sorting, distributing and dispatching daily mail
• Handling transcription, printing, photocopying and faxing
• Recording and maintaining office expenses
• Managing office inventory such as stationery, equipment and furniture
• Overseeing office services like cleaners and
maintenance service providers
• Maintaining safety and hygiene standards of the reception area
Senior Certificate (Grade 12 or equivalent qualification)
Years of Experience:
1-2 years Previous experience or knowledge of the fitness
industry is an advantage.