SSISA offers a range of Programmes to fit your needs
Enhancing Lives Through Science
We’re very passionate about what we do at the SSISA and are passionate about realising our mission statement. From the interns and students to the heads of departments and Managing Director we are all strongly unified in our efforts to conduct world class research and provide best-practice services that make a difference not only to many South African’s health and well-being but have a global impact too .
Specialised Health Services
Our Specialised health service providers are here for you
The Sports Science Institute of South Africa strives to optimise the health and sporting performance of all South Africans. Our Social Investment unit aims to utilise company resources, the power of sport and our intellectual property to benefit and uplift communities. We are currently involved in five projects that positively impact the youth, our teachers and elders of the community; as well as those that guide and nurture rising talent.
SSISA in the media and our Blog
Read our Blog for interesting articles and updates and read articles about us in the media
OPTIMAL EATING AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY TO PROMOTE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE – SPORTS SCIENCE INSTITUTE OF SA (SSISA)We refer to the ongoing and robust scientific debate concerning what comprises healthy eating so as to promote health and prevent and manage chronic, non-communicable diseases, such as obesity, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and certain types of cancers. While there... read more
With the current increase in the competitive nature of school sports, it is becoming more and more evident, that young athletes are entering the gym environment earlier than ever before.read more
- The Spirit of Comrades 2015
- OPTIMAL EATING AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY TO PROMOTE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE – SPORTS SCIENCE INSTITUTE OF SA (SSISA)
- Last minute tips before your Half-marathon
- Subjects needed for UCT study on health, metabolism & diet in overweight endurance runners
- Some Common-Sense Principles for Succesful Living
- Health Benefits of a Holiday
- 10 Motivational Tips to Keep You Moving
- Walking Can be First Rate Exercise
- How To Stay Healthy and Injury Free!
- Anti-Ageing Effects of Exercise