Rules and Regulations
Just as every sport has rules, so does the Wellness and Fitness centre. Please read through the following (you will also find them in your membership contract):
No card. No access
When you join the SSISA you’ll be given an access card. This card is your gateway to both the parking area and the Wellness and Fitness Centre. If you don’t have your card on you, simply sign in at reception. Lost your card? You’ll need to buy a new one at a small fee. So play it safe and keep your card safe.
Even if you have a chiseled six-pack, please be modest and wear a shirt or vest at all times. Closed shoes and appropriate training attire is also essential when training in the Wellness and Fitness Centre.
No towel. No sweat
Forgotten your towel? No problem. Training without a towel is not allowed so hire yours from reception for a nominal fee. Also, please wipe down all equipment after use. Disinfectant spray bottles are available on the training floor for this very purpose.
Please follow the Super Circuit and Toning Circuit sequence in the correct order. Skipping stations not only creates confusion but it defeats the design of the circuit too. Please read the instructions at the circuit before you get going.
Make sure you know how to use the electronic equipment before you train. This is to prevent damage to both your body and the equipment. Stuck? Need help? Ask an instructor to demonstrate. Please note, cardiovascular equipment has a maximum time limit of 20 minutes during peak times. These are 06:00-09:00 and 16:30-19:00.
Swimming caps are not a good look, we know, but in the interests of hygiene they must be worn at all times. Also, please shower before using the pool and no glass or food is allowed in the pool area. Up to 5 swimmers may share a lane and when sharing, always swim in a clockwise direction. We’d hate for you to bump heads.
Keep the extreme sports outside. Jumping from the bridge into the pool is not only extremely dangerous, but it will result in immediate suspension of membership. No debates. No second chances.
Sprinter or stroller, always move in an anti-clockwise direction. Slower athletes must stick to the inside lane. No spikes or cleated footwear may be worn.
Although parking space is available for members, it can’t always be guaranteed. Just think of the walk to the gym as a warm up to your training session.
Play it safe and make sure that your clothes and valuables are always locked away. Locker keys are available free of charge at reception. The SSISA will not be held responsible for any items left unattended in the change rooms.
The SSISA employs biokineticists to provide the personal training in the Wellness and Fitness Centre and sessions may be booked by making contact with a sales consultant or the biokineticist you wish to train with. Personal training by another member or a guest is not allowed, regardless of whether the session is being charged for or not. Any unauthorised personal training will be investigated further and both the member and the trainer may be expelled or suspended.
RULES AND REGULATIONS for RIPT CLASSES
1. Rules and Regulations
- In addition to the terms and conditions, the Member agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of SSISA (as amended and updated from time to time) and which are available on the SSISA website. A copy of the rules and regulations may also be obtained from a SSISA appointed consultant.
- No person under the age of 15 shall be allowed to take out a RIPT classes membership. A Member needs to be 15 years of age at the commencement of the Membership Period.
- RIPT classes will be open for training during the following times:
Mondays, Wednesday s and Fridays 06:30 – 07:30
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 18:30 – 19:30
- We reserve the right to cancel classes due to not enough people booking as well as unforeseen circumstances. The class schedule may also be altered if too few or too many members are attending a particular class.
- RIPT class membership entitles an individual to attend a maximum of 3 classes per week.
- All Members are required to clean up after themselves. All equipment (e.g, bumper plates are not to be left on the barbells and need to be placed back on the weight trees while dumbbells should be placed back on the racks after use) is to be replaced in its original position after use.
- All Members are required to have sweat towels, wear appropriate clothing to train in, and wear shoes in the gym area.
- Any non-member wanting to participate in a once off RIPT class in the RIPT classes may do so by arranging it with the SSISA HPC and it will cost R100.00 for the session.
- In the event that any of the equipment gets damaged or breaks while you are training, you are required to report it to a staff member of the RIPT classes or SSISA HPC.
2. Access Card
- A Member shall not be entitled to gain access to the premises of SSISA to attend RIPT classes without his/her RIPT access card or, failing that, complying with other access control procedures, as may reasonably be required by SSISA.
- There shall be a charge of R110.00 to the Member for the issue of a replacement access card in the event of the access card being lost, stolen, or damaged.
3. Membership Classification
- A RIPT Membership can be taken out for the following periods:
- 1 Month
- 3 Months
- 6 Months
- 12 Months
4. Pre-Participation Screening and Consultation
- Upon completion of the application for Membership, the prospective Member shall be required to truthfully and fully complete the Pre-Participation Screening which shall be used by SSISA HPC to consider whether the prospective Member suffers from any health risks and whether or not the prospective Member is eligible for Membership.
- Should the results of the Pre-Participation Screening, completed by the prospective Member, indicate that the prospective Member suffers from any health risks, SSISA HPC shall be entitled, in its sole discretion, to request the prospective Member obtain a medical clearance certificate from his/her medical practitioner before considering the application for membership.
- The Pre-Participation Screening conducted by the SSISA HPC Consultant is a prerequisite to the membership application being considered.
- Access to the facilities of RIPT classes shall only be granted once membership has been approved and payment has been made. Furthermore this is subject to the completion of the Pre-Participation Screening.
- It shall be within the sole discretion of the SSISA HPC whether to approve membership based on the results of the aforementioned Pre-Participation Screening.
- If the Member’s medical and/or physical condition changes in any way after the above Pre-Participation Screening, the Member must inform SSISA HPC immediately thereof.
5. WHOLE AGREEMENT, REVIEW AND AMENDMENT OF AGREEMENT
- The Rules and Regulations as set out herein, as read together with the Terms and Conditions, Questionnaire and medical indemnity form shall constitute the entire agreement between the parties.
- Save for the Rules and Regulations which SSISA is entitled to amend from time to time, no alteration or variation of, addition to or deletion to the Terms and Conditions shall be of any force or effect unless it is recorded in writing and signed by the parties.