We love keeping good company, so if you’re a high school learner, based in Cape Town, who is interested in getting into the Sport Science, Fitness and Wellness industry, our job shadow programme is for you. For 2 days you will enjoy presentations given by the various professionals based at the SSISA (with a question and answer slot), walk-abouts and activities that will give you the chance to see what a job in the Sport Science Fitness industry actually involves. The job shadow days typically start at 09h00 and finish by 15h00.
SOME OF THE CAREER PATHS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Sport Science
- Sport Psychology
- Outreach in sport
Job Shadow dates for 2019:
- The programme caters for grade 11 learners and above
- Wear casual clothing. Think tracksuits – as some activities are fairly physical.
- Bring a pen and paper.
- Bring food or lunch money. There are vending machines and a kiosk for healthy options.
- Relax. You won’t be asked to complete any assessments.
- If you attend both days, the SSISA will give you a letter of participation.
- The programme is free. It won’t cost you a cent.
- Space is limited, so job shadows are on a ‘first come, first served basis’.
- The programme is based in Newlands, Cape Town ONLY.
- Please register online in the registration area on this page. You will receive an email communication within 1 day confirming the booking. Should you not receive this email confirmation, it means the booking was unsuccessful.
- If for some reason you can’t make your job shadow, please let us know so that we can free up your spot for someone else.
- No individual job shadowing is offered and booking is essential. So register today for one of the upcoming job shadow workshop below. For more information get in touch with the team at email@example.com.