At the Sports Science Institute of South Africa (SSISA) we are committed to creating a workplace which provides an opportunity for all employees and potential employees to fully optimise their potential. We are continually searching for talented individuals to join our SSISA family and would like to invite you to apply for vacancies listed on this site that match your skills, qualifications and ambitions.
VACANCY: DIGITAL & MARKETING MANAGER
DIGITAL & MARKETING MANAGER
The Sports Science Institute of SA (SSISA), is looking for a vibrant and energetic Digital & Marketing Manager to manage the annual marketing strategy which includes a strong digital element.
Qualifications and Key Requirements of the role:
• Diploma/certificate/degree in Marketing as well as at least 3 years’ digital marketing experience
• At least 3 years’ experience in managing a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and design platforms
• Strong analytical and project management skills
• Strong understanding of current marketing and online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice
Marketing and Digital Marketing: Roles & Responsibility:
• Implement a comprehensive marketing strategy which incorporates a strong digital marketing element in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders
• Develop a strong product knowledge across all pillars
• Work in conjunction with two portfolio managers to ensure all aspects of the marketing strategy are actioned and realised
• Plan all marketing and digital marketing activities in conjunction with portfolio managers and execute within budget
• Co-ordinate all marketing campaigns with sales activities and work closely with sales leaders
• Project-manage the various aspects of digital marketing campaigns including but not limited to social media, search engine optimisation, e-mail marketing, paid media and PR
• Manage all aspects of website maintenance in co-ordination with web development agency
• Manage the re-design of the company website with web development (digital) agency
• Identify and implement technologies to ensure that SSISA stays at the forefront of digital marketing
Social Media: Roles & Responsibility:
• Oversee all social media activity in line with digital marketing strategy in conjunction with all stakeholders
• Daily monitoring and management of all social media
• Develop monthly content strategy and content plan in conjunction with portfolio managers and other relevant team members
• Develop strategies to enhance social media response and conversion rates
• Work alongside web development agency and internal teams to develop campaign creative
• In-depth understanding and experience with Facebook’s paid advertising platform required
• Understanding of social media monitoring tools such as Sprout Social Media, Hootsuite, etc.
Reporting and analytics: Roles and Responsibility:
• Form part of monthly reporting across all marketing efforts
• Assess effectiveness of campaigns by calculating ROI and change/optimise accordingly
• Manage a Marketing team of 7 employees and the relationship with a web development agency
• Passionate about wellness and fitness, energetic and physically active
• Thrive under pressure, can multi-task and is not afraid of challenges
• Mature and responsible attitude towards work, take ownership of projects and be willing to lead and work with a team and open to taking strategic direction, insights and information from senior management and consultants
Preference will be given to candidates who meet our employment equity aims.
If you’re who we are looking for, please submit your CV and expected salary requirements to email@example.com as soon as possible. Applications close 26 May 2017. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been short-listed.
VACANCY: BIOKINETICIST INTERNSHIP FOR 2018
VACANCIES FOR BIOKINETICIST INTERNS 2018
The Sports Science Institute of South Africa, based in Newlands, Cape Town, is offering Biokinetics Intern positions at our Wellness & Fitness Centre for 2018.
As Sports Science Interns, you will have exposure to all the modalities of Biokinetics offered within one centre. The Institute has developed an exceptional internship structure which allows interns to apply themselves to any of the services offered within the Biokinetics scope of practice.
The divisions in which Sports Science Interns can gain experience include:
• General Wellness
• Weight Loss
• Special Populations
• Chronic Disease
• Old Mutual Corporate Gym (Pinelands)
• High Performance Centre
• Community Outreach
Minimum Qualification: BA/BSc Honours in Biokinetics
Please e-mail all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify the position you are applying for and include a clear covering letter along with a brief CV and details of any qualifications.
Closing date for applications is 14 July 2017.
Interviews will be conducted in Johannesburg on Monday 7 and Tuesday 8 August 2017 and in Cape Town on Friday 18 and Saturday 19 August 2017.
VACANCY: GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Newlands, Cape Town
The Sports Science Institute of South Africa (SSISA), is 21 years old and our mission is to optimise the sporting performance and health of all South Africans through the execution, dissemination, and application of science. We are looking for someone to create visual mastery that will entice any consumer to engage with our brand regarding wellness, research and high performance so they can be their personal best.
This position is offered as a full-day contract position for a period of six months.
• Available from 01 July 2017
• 3 years’ graphic design industry experience
• Degree/diploma in design or related field and/or tertiary qualification in visual design (multimedia)
• An awe-inspiring portfolio
• Excellent Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat and be proficient in Microsoft Office (basic)
• Attention to detail and exceptional design aesthetic
• Experience in both digital and print media
• Experience with corporate brand awareness
• Task-driven with the ability to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to take initiative and problem-solve
• Able to work well under pressure
• Highly organised, extremely reliable and able to multi-task with great time management
• A valid driver’s licence and own transport
• Agency experience
• Photography & Adobe Lightroom experience
• WordPress proficiency would be a big plus
• Design and maintain Company branding
• Design all material for digital and social media platforms
• Design all marketing material (i.e. brochures, posters, flyers, etc. for a range of diverse programmes and services)
• Contribute to conceptualising sessions
• passionate about wellness, fitness and sport and are energetic and physically active
• keen to get South Africans from all walks of life moving and excited about health because your designs and creativity inspired them
• creative, passionate, motivated, resourceful, innovative, reliable and committed
• you thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment with quick turnaround times and are able to meet deadlines
• able to multi-task and cope with multiple demands and are not afraid of challenges
• have a mature and responsible attitude towards work with the ability to take ownership of projects
• willing to work as part of a team and take direction from senior team members and/or an agency
• have good communication and organisational skills
• adaptable to new projects and requirements
• strong attention to detail and focus on quality
If you’re who we are looking for, please submit the following to email@example.com as soon as possible:
• A covering letter that provides motivation regarding your suitability for this job, as well as your expected salary requirements
• Your CV
• A portfolio of your own work (essential in order to be considered for this role)
Applications close on Tuesday 23 May 2017. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been short-listed.
VACANCY: DEBTORS ADMINISTRATOR
VACANCY: DEBTORS ADMINISTRATOR
The Sports Science Institute of South Africa, a well-known operation with multiple fields of interest relating to sport performance and wellness, is based in Newlands, Cape Town.
The ideal candidate for this position will be experienced, efficient, keen to learn and able to function effectively in a small team environment. They will be expected to take primary accountability for accounts receivable, credit control, petty cash, related tasks and to master the full functioning of the in-house client and sales management system.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Related tertiary qualification (national diploma or Bachelors degree)
• 5 years’ financial accounting experience primarily related to accounts receivable function
• Working knowledge of Accpac, VIP and on-line banking platforms
• Proficient in Excel and Word
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Be able to function both independently and as a team member
• Able to take initiative and prioritise work
• Able to cope well with deadlines and schedules
• Good communication skills
• Plan the AR activities according to timetable and deadlines
• Generate invoices out of Accpac
• Ensure that all income is recorded correctly in the AR module
• Ensure that the age analysis for each department balances to the GL at the end of each month
• Follow up on unpaid debit order notifications on a monthly basis and follow set procedures to recover amounts owed
• Safe-clearing and banking deposits
• Capture all debtors payments, credit card transactions and bank deposits into the cashbook
• Review certain balance sheet control accounts and balance sheet income accounts
• Load and update contracts from in-house system and import into Accpac
• Run commission reports, submit sales figures after each banking session and calculate projected month-end figures
• Calculate commissions
• Manage petty cash processes
• Ensure that filing is regularly maintained
Preference will be given to candidates who meet our employment equity aims.
Please send your C.V. firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 May 2017, along with an application letter which addresses the requirements and an indication of your required salary range. Remuneration will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Please consider your application to have been unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within two weeks.
VACANCY: FLOOR SUPERVISOR
VACANCY: FLOOR SUPERVISOR
The Sports Science Institute in Newlands, Cape Town, has a vacancy for a Floor Supervisor to work 21 hours per week according to a shift roster and perform the following duties:
• Be visible on the training floor, offer assistance to members who are training, check their technique and help them to understand their exercise programs as prescribed by the Biokineticist.
• Ensure that safety rules are strictly applied on the floor and in the pool area.
• Ensure that the exercise floor is kept neat and orderly throughout the day.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have achieved a degree or diploma in Exercise/Sports Science Management or similar.
• Have excellent people skills
• Have reliable transport
• Meet the requirements of our employment equity goals and preferably be female
Previous experience or knowledge of the fitness industry will be an advantage.
Our operating hours are:
Monday to Friday 05h30 to 21h00
Saturday 08h00 to 19h00
Sunday 08h00 to 12h30 then 16h00 to 19h00
Please forward your C.V. to email@example.com by 12 May2017, along with a clear letter covering all the points specified above.
If not contacted within two weeks, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
VACANCY: RECEPTIONIST: OLD MUTUAL GYM
The Gym at Old Mutual in Pinelands is operated by the Sport Science Institute of South Africa and is seeking to employ a Receptionist for the following shifts:
Monday to Friday: 5-hour shifts set between 05h30 and 20h30
Every fourth Saturday and Sunday 07h00 to 13h00
Rate: R38 per hour
Please note that reliable transport is an essential requirement to ensure that you are able to present yourself timeously for the morning shift.
A bubbly personality, good people skills and being able to work shifts are essential. Previous experience or knowledge of the fitness industry is an advantage. To start as soon as possible.
Please send your C.V. plus a covering letter explaining your current situation and how this position would fit into your lifestyle to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 May 2017.
Please ensure that the position you are applying for is included and that your application clearly addresses all the points stipulated.
If not contacted within two weeks of closing date, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
VACANCY: FRONTLINE RECEPTIONIST
The Sports Science Institute in Newlands is seeking a Frontline Receptionist to deal with our customers. This position involves ad hoc shift work and it is essential that the successful candidate has a driver’s licence and their own reliable transport and can commit to being available to work certain 4 or 6-hour shifts between 05h15 to 21h00 throughout the week, on a rotational basis.
Rate: R38 per hour
This particular position will require the person to be available for the following shifts:
Tuesday 17h30 to 21h00
Thursday and Friday 05h15 to 09h00
Saturday 13h00 to 19h00
Sunday 16h00 to 19h00
Possible other shifts on an ad hoc basis:
Sunday 08h00 to 12h30
Morning shifts 05h15 to 09h00
Evening shifts 17h00 to 21h00
Important attributes are:
• A cheerful personality with excellent people skills
• The ability to work fast and correctly whilst dealing with multiple tasks
• A good level of computer literacy in Excel and Word
• Previous experience in the fitness industry would be an added advantage
• Meeting the requirements of our employment equity goals
Should you be interested in applying, please send your C.V. plus a covering letter explaining your current situation and how this position would fit into your lifestyle to email@example.com by 12 May 2017. Please ensure that the position you are applying for is included and that your application clearly addresses all the points stipulated.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful in this instance.
VACANCY: BIOKINETICS PRACTICE BIOKINETICISTS
The Sports Science Institute of South Africa, based at Newlands, has a vacancy for two Biokineticist positions to be placed effective 01 March 2017 in the Orthopaedic & Neurological Rehabilitation Division of the Biokinetics Practice.
This is a full-time position which is largely commission-based.
• minimum qualification: BA/BSc Honours in Biokinetics
• registered with HPCSA and BASA
• minimum experience: three years employment within an orthopaedic rehabilitation practice/environment
• neurological rehabilitation experience would be an advantage
• patient management specifically within the orthopaedic rehabilitation scope of specialisation
• patient acquisition – fostering good relations with referring specialists
• patient screening, assessment, programming and rehabilitation consultations within the scope of biokinetics
• assisting with practice management and administration where required
• upskilling and training responsibilities for Interns and non-orthopaedic Biokineticists
The Institute is committed to goals of employment equity and due consideration will be given to applicants who meet its criteria.
Please e-mail your C.V. along with a brief letter explaining your suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 May 2017. Please include your remuneration range/requirements and any other pertinent information.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.