At the Sports Science Institute of South Africa (SSISA) we are committed to creating a workplace which provides an opportunity for all employees and potential employees to fully optimise their potential. We are continually searching for talented individuals to join our SSISA family and would like to invite you to apply for vacancies listed on this site that match your skills, qualifications and ambitions.
VACANCY: BIOKINETICIST INTERNSHIP FOR 2018
VACANCIES FOR BIOKINETICIST INTERNS 2018
The Sports Science Institute of South Africa, based in Newlands, Cape Town, is offering Biokinetics Intern positions at our Wellness & Fitness Centre for 2018.
As Sports Science Interns, you will have exposure to all the modalities of Biokinetics offered within one centre. The Institute has developed an exceptional internship structure which allows interns to apply themselves to any of the services offered within the Biokinetics scope of practice.
The divisions in which Sports Science Interns can gain experience include:
• General Wellness
• Weight Loss
• Special Populations
• Chronic Disease
• Old Mutual Corporate Gym (Pinelands)
• High Performance Centre
• Community Outreach
Minimum Qualification: BA/BSc Honours in Biokinetics
Please e-mail all applications to email@example.com. Specify the position you are applying for and include a clear covering letter along with a brief CV and details of any qualifications.
Closing date for applications is 14 July 2017.
Interviews will be conducted in Johannesburg on Monday 7 and Tuesday 8 August 2017 and in Cape Town on Friday 18 and Saturday 19 August 2017.
VACANCY: RECEPTIONIST: OLD MUTUAL GYM
The Gym at Old Mutual in Pinelands is operated by the Sport Science Institute of South Africa and is seeking to employ a Receptionist for the following shifts:
Monday to Friday: 5-hour shifts set between 05h30 and 20h30
Every fourth Saturday and Sunday 07h00 to 13h00
Rate: R38 per hour
Please note that reliable transport is an essential requirement to ensure that you are able to present yourself timeously for the morning shift.
A bubbly personality, good people skills and being able to work shifts are essential. Previous experience or knowledge of the fitness industry is an advantage. To start as soon as possible.
Please send your C.V. plus a covering letter explaining your current situation and how this position would fit into your lifestyle to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 July 2017.
Please ensure that the position you are applying for is included and that your application clearly addresses all the points stipulated.
If not contacted within two weeks of closing date, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
VACANCY: FRONTLINE RECEPTIONIST
The Sports Science Institute in Newlands is seeking a Frontline Receptionist to deal with our customers. This position involves ad hoc shift work and it is essential that the successful candidate has a driver’s licence and their own reliable transport and can commit to being available to work certain 4 or 6-hour shifts between 05h15 to 21h00 throughout the week, on a rotational basis.
Rate: R38 per hour
This particular position will require the person to be available for the following shifts:
Tuesday 17h30 to 21h00
Thursday and Friday 05h15 to 09h00
Saturday 13h00 to 19h00
Sunday 16h00 to 19h00
Possible other shifts on an ad hoc basis:
Sunday 08h00 to 12h30
Morning shifts 05h15 to 09h00
Evening shifts 17h00 to 21h00
Important attributes are:
• A cheerful personality with excellent people skills
• The ability to work fast and correctly whilst dealing with multiple tasks
• A good level of computer literacy in Excel and Word
• Previous experience in the fitness industry would be an added advantage
• Meeting the requirements of our employment equity goals
Should you be interested in applying, please send your C.V. plus a covering letter explaining your current situation and how this position would fit into your lifestyle to email@example.com by 28 July 2017. Please ensure that the position you are applying for is included and that your application clearly addresses all the points stipulated.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful in this instance.
VACANCY: DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
The Sports Science Institute of SA (SSISA), is looking for a vibrant and energetic Digital Marketing Manager to develop and manage the yearly digital strategy.
Qualifications and key requirements of the role:
- Diploma/Certificate/Degree in Marketing as well as at least 3 years’ digital marketing experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and design platforms.
· Strong analytical and project management skills.
· Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice.
· Must have a valid driver’s licence, own transport and be willing to travel to office daily.
Digital Marketing: Roles & Responsibility:
· Develop digital marketing strategy in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders.
· Maintain strong product knowledge across all pillars and write and drive a digital marketing plan with the aim of increasing digital footprint, loyalty and sales.
· Plan all digital marketing activities and execute within budget.
· Co-ordinate all marketing campaigns with sales activities and work closely with sales leaders.
· Project-manage the various aspects of digital marketing campaigns including but not limited to social media, search engine optimisation, e-mail marketing, paid media and PR.
· Manage all aspects of website maintenance in co-ordination with web development agency.
· Manage the re-design of the company website with web development (digital) agency.
· Identify and implement technologies to ensure that SSISA stays at the forefront of digital marketing.
Social Media: Roles & Responsibility:
· Oversee all social media activity in line with digital strategy in conjunction with all stakeholders.
· Daily monitoring and management of all social media.
· Develop monthly content strategy and content plan in conjunction with relevant teams.
· Develop strategies to enhance social media response and conversion rates.
· Work alongside web development agency and internal teams to develop campaign creative.
· In-depth understanding and experience with Facebook’s paid advertising platform required.
· Understanding of social media monitoring tools such as Sprout Social Media, Hootsuite, etc.
Reporting and analytics: Roles and responsibilities
· Form part of monthly reporting across all marketing efforts.
· Assess effectiveness of campaigns by calculating ROI and change/optimise accordingly.
- AA/EE candidate
- Passionate about wellness and fitness, energetic and physically active.
· Thrive under pressure, can multi-task and not afraid of challenges.
· Mature and responsible attitude towards work, takes ownership of projects and is willing to work as part of a team and take direction from team leaders and an agency.
If you have previously applied for this position, please note that the requirements have been amended slightly and the vacancy advertised afresh.
Please submit your CV and expected salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Thursday 20 July 2017. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been short-listed.