OptiFit with the Sports Science Institute of SA
Keen to become a runner with OptiFit?
OptiFit’s 8 to 12-week programmes will inspire/guide you to run 10km, 21km or to start trail running
OptiFit, which runs in association with the Sports Science Institute of SA (SSISA), will have three running programmes early in 2015 (plus more later in the year); 12 weeks to your first 10km novice programme – then 8 weeks to 21.1km programme for 10km runners, and then the 10-week trail programme for aspiring trail runners who can manage 5km on tar but are wanting to complete an intermediate level trail run (10 – 12km).
By joining us on OptiFit – you’ll get:
- An understanding of your current health status and fitness levels through initial screening and specific fitness testing which serves as a benchmark and against which your improvement is measured.
- 3 training sessions per week with sports scientist, manager & staff.
- A choice of a consultation with dietitian, podiatrist or biokineticist.
- Strength-training exercises to supplement your running.
- Weekly educational articles and electronic newsletter.
- Availability of manager online to answer your queries.
- Support during race and a certificate and celebration after target event.
- Discounts on key sporting brands from The Sweatshop (in Claremont).
- A safe and scientific, guided running programme (recent research by UCT’s Exercise Science and Sports Medicine).
- Unit found it to be extremely safe and scientific with members reaching their goal with no muscle damage or pain.
When, where and how?