Go-4-It with the Sports Science Institute of South Africa
No matter what your goal, let GO-4-IT help you realise it!
Whether your goal is to shape up, take part in a sporting event, get stronger and bigger or get leaner, Go-4-It is designed to get you there. Through our holistic and scientific approach this personalised 8-week programme will give you the tools and support you need to accomplish your goal.
By Going-4-It with us you’ll get…
- An understanding of your current health status and fitness levels through initial screening and specific fitness testing which serves as a benchmark against which your improvement is measured.
- A choice of dietary or psychology consultations.
- Support in setting your goals.
- An assessment at the beginning and end of the programme with a qualified biokineticist.
- 16 Training sessions with one of our biokineticist interns.
- Full access to our Fitness centre for the duration of the 8-week programme.
- A training programme to use after completing Go-4-It.
Go-4-It Frequently Asked Questions
This programme looks intense – I think I’m too unfit!
Go-4-It is one of the most individualised fitness solutions we offer. It all starts with your assessment, where the programme manager (a biokineticist) assists you in setting goals and measures your current level of fitness and other health markers. The prescribed programme then takes into consideration all your results and of course the goal/s you are pursuing.
My goal is to lose weight - how much weight can I lose on Go-4-IT?
Weight loss is determined by a number of factors – so during the goal setting process the programme manager will assist you in setting realistic goals. Of course, adherence to an appropriate eating plan is crucial, as well as the frequency, intensity and duration of your exercise during the 8 weeks. There will also be a focus on fat loss and how to achieve this.
I am an elite athlete - would Go-4-It assist me in my particular sporting goals?
Do I get a programme once the 8 weeks are completed?
I'm at another gym, can I still do the programme or do I need to be a member of SSISA?