The Discovery High Performance Centre
Since 1995, the Sports Science Institute of SA’s Discovery High Performance Centre has provided scientific and medical testing, monitoring and the direct application of the results of a high quality applied research programme for athletes in many sporting codes of all abilities. This has been enabled though a close working relationship with the researchers of the Exercise Science and Sports Medicine Department (ESSM) of the University of Cape Town, which is housed at the SSISA. To date, we’re proud to have worked with all of the major sports codes within South Africa and a number of international teams.
The High Performance Centre caters for
- Novice and non-elite athletes
- Individual, teams and coaches
- Professional athletes
Teams and individuals can select a range of services according to their needs. These services include:
- Physiological assessments using world-class expertise and equipment. In this way scientific, individualised training programmes can be designed and prescribed.
- Fatigue and performance management using our unique web based Athlete Monitoring and Assessment System (AMAS).
- Sports Team Consulting.
- High intensity strength and conditioning classes.
Our High Performance Centre’s scientific approach and intervention will help you improve your current level of performance and reach your specific goals – no matter what level of athlete you are.